This article explains how to make a YouTube Music playlist as well as where to look for public playlists on the platform.
Instructions are applicable to both the iOS and Android mobile apps and YouTube.com.
How Do I Make a Playlist on YouTube?
Start your smartphone’s YouTube app or open YouTube.com in a web browser.
1. To log in if you aren’t already, click Sign In in the top right corner and fill out your login details.
2. Use your browser to find the video you want to add to your playlist.
3. Select Save from the menu that appears below the video.
4. Select + Create a New Playlist from the list of possibilities.
5. Give your playlist a name in the Name area and choose whether you want it to be:
- Public: Anyone with a YouTube account can look for it.
- Unlisted: The direct link can be accessed by anybody.
- Private: No one else can see it; only you.
6. After you’re done, select CREATE.
7. Select Save after viewing a separate video that you want to add to your playlist.
8. Your playlist will be shown in the dropdown box this time. Check the box next to the video and it will be added to your playlist.
9. Repeat steps 8 through 10 for any additional video you want to add to your playlist.
10. To access your playlist, choose Library from the menu in the top left corner of the screen.
11. Under Library, you should be able to see the name of your new playlist. Select the playlist to open it on its page. Select
12. You should see a section labeled “Created playlists” under the name of your channel. Decide on a playlist.
13. Select PLAY ALL on YouTube.com or the red play icon on the app to start playing every video in the playlist.
14 To edit your playlist, return to the playlist page and select EDIT on YouTube.com or the pencil icon on the app.
15. There are many editing options available to you:
- To help viewers understand the subject of your playlist, include a brief description.
- playback regulating Select Private, Unlisted, or Public for the playlist. The automatically generated order can also be altered as new videos are added.
- Click the X to the right of any video on YouTube.com to remove it from your playlist. From the three vertical dots that show to the right of any video on the app, select Remove from the playlist name.
- By dragging and dropping, reorder: Click and hold the three vertical dots that appear when you move your mouse over the far left corner of the YouTube video. After that, you can drag it to reorder it wherever in your playlist. To achieve this, use the app’s finger.
16. To delete a playlist from YouTube.com, select the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the playlist page, then click Delete playlist > Yes, delete this playlist.
17. To remove your playlist from the app, select the Trash icon and then click OK.
How Can I Find Great Playlists on YouTube?
It’s nice to be able to make your own playlists, but it’s also useful to know what is already available so you don’t have to do all the making.
Here are three fast ways to find excellent public YouTube playlists made by the community.
- The Playlist Filter can be used to find things.
- Only when you search on YouTube can you look for playlists.
- Enter your search term in the YouTube search box and press Search (or the magnifying glass symbol) to view the results.
- It is best to select the Filter Button.
- Select Playlist under TYPE to remove playlists from the list of results.
- Select a playlist to start it playing.