How to take a screenshot on an HP laptop is detailed in this article. Windows 11 and 10 are compatible with the instructions.
Use the Keyboard to Take a Screenshot on Windows
Several keyboard shortcuts can be used to capture screenshots. For the majority of techniques, you must copy the screen grab, save it, and then paste it into your preferred picture editor.
To the Clipboard, Save the Screen
The current screen can be added to the clipboard by pressing the Prt Sn (Print Screen) button.
It is located next to the Insert and Delete keys, on the far right of the top row of your keyboard.
The image must then be pasted into an editor, such as Paint (or a comparable program), in order to view and perform further manipulations.
Capture the Whole Screen
When the desired screen is shown, hit Windows Key+Prt Sc. Instantaneously, your screen will flash.
Screenshots are often saved to This PC > Photos > Screenshots by default.
Capture Part of the Screen
Press the Windows key while also holding down Shift and S. The screen area you want to capture will move when your cursor crosses it.
The clipboard will be copied from the selected section.
Capture the Active Window
- Capture the open window and copy it to the clipboard by pressing Alt+Prt Sc. No proof that the capture actually took place will be visible.
- Utilizing the Snipping Tool to Take a Screenshot
- For taking and manipulating screenshots, the Windows Snipping Tool has sophisticated features.
- Snipping Tools may be found in the Start Menu; to launch it, simply click on it.
- The type of selection you want to employ can be found under the Mode menu. Select Full-screen to take a screenshot in its entirety. An individual window, a rectangular part, or a custom shape are other options.
- To begin taking screenshots, choose New.
- Using Snipping Tool, you may utilize the tools up top to make comments and highlight portions of the snapshot before saving it. This will open the screenshot in a new window.
- Choosing the floppy disk icon will save the file.
How to Use Snip & Sketch in Windows 10?
The Snip & Sketch app is also included in Windows 10. How to utilize it is as follows:
- Open the window or screen you wish to record, then select the Start menu.
- Pick Snip & Sketch from the list of results after conducting a search for it.
- The screen’s top will display a menu. To take a screenshot of the entire rectangle-shaped image, which has marks in each corner, choose the fourth option.
- Windows will copy the screen to the clipboard and save it to a folder, and a notification will show up no matter how you capture it. To access the customizing window, click the notice (which displays a thumbnail of the screen you just captured).
- The tools at the top of the window allow you to crop, mark up, and highlight the image within.
The Snip & Sketch Editing Tools
By clicking the Save icon, you can save the screenshot.
For your saved screenshot, select Save after deciding on a file name, file type, and location in the following box.
On an HP Tablet, how Do I Take a Screenshot?
The tablet market for HP was abandoned in 2011, however, if you still have one, you can take a screenshot by pressing Power + Volume Down.
In the Photos app, you can discover screenshots.