Millions of users and brands have created amusing and informative TikToks to engage with their target audience on the popular platform TikTok thanks to the platform’s emphasis on short-form video content.
Why limit yourself to just TikTok if your videos are doing well there? It’s a good idea to cross-post your TikTok videos to other social media sites and perhaps even compile them into Instagram reels.
One and only issue? TikTok videos downloaded by users will always include a TikTok watermark. The Instagram algorithm penalizes highlights with the TikTok watermark, reducing the chances that your videos will be displayed or recommended to other users.
As a result, it is recommended that the TikTok watermark be removed before sharing content created for the service on other social media sites.
What Is a Tik Tok Watermark?
To prevent videos from being copied without permission, TikTok videos have a watermark consisting of the app’s logo and the user’s username. Copyright and marketing considerations demand that the media’s original source be made explicit, preventing unauthorized redistribution of the videos.
If you upload a video to TikTok, the company will add a watermark that bounces about the screen while the video plays, making it more difficult to remove.
How to Remove the Tik Tok Watermark?
Some methods for erasing the TikTok watermark are more effective than others. Whether you’re on a mobile device or a desktop, here are seven ways to get rid of the TikTok watermark:
- Trim the movie by zooming in closer.
- Build a frame with the blur tool
- Try a watermark-erasing app on TikTok.
- Making use of a video editor
- Keep the video you’re working on without the watermark.
- Please make use of Hopper HQ.
- So that you can determine which of these approaches is best for you, let’s take a closer look at them.
1. Zoom in To Crop the Video
To get rid of the watermark and crop the video, all you need is a smartphone.
- Find the clip you want to crop in Pictures and open it.
- Choose “Edit” in the upper right to make changes.
- Choose Crop from the bottom toolbar.
- To remove the watermark, pinch the screen and adjust the video’s dimensions.
- Due to the watermark jumping about, you’ll need to crop more than one section of your movie.
- Once you’re satisfied with your crop, click “Done” to store the modified video.
- While at first glance this may appear like the most efficient method, it actually cuts out important details from the source video or image when zoomed in. In order to upload the video on other platforms with a margin around the content, the aspect ratio of the video would need to be altered.
Due to these issues, cropping is not recommended as a means of erasing the TikTok watermark.
2. Add a Border
In order to hide the TikTok watermark, you can use any basic video editing app on your phone or computer to place a border or frame around the video.
In this case, the watermark was hidden by adding a frame created in Canva and added to the TikTok video.
Bordering your video is not preferable because it cuts off parts of your video and makes it look unprofessional and low quality, similar to the cropping option.
3. Use a Blur Tool
The watermark can be given a blurry appearance using this method by employing an external program or tool.
What’s the catch? Because the watermark moves about when you play the video, you’ll need to use several blur effects in various locations to mask it.
It’s not just ugly; it’s also evident that a TikTok watermark has been smudged out, which may make some people wonder what the point of removing it was.
Blurring every watermark from every video may be a time-consuming process in and of itself.
Thus, we do not advocate for this strategy. However, we’re laying out all of your alternatives here:
Find an app to “blur” videos on your mobile device by searching the App Store. The process of applying a blur effect to specific areas of your video can be accomplished with any number of dedicated tools and software.
Here, we’ll utilize the “Blur video” app to demonstrate:
- If you want to watch videos, you’ll need to download an app.
- Choose the “Play” button.
- Choose the video you wish to distort the watermark on.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, you’ll see the options “Blur” and “Pixelate.”
- Use the “Add Blur” button (lower left) or the blur effect.
- You can obscure your watermark by dragging the blur circle over it.
- Provide a series of blurring as the watermark changes positions in the video.
- Once you’ve hidden all the watermarks, click “Save.”
- When you save your movie to your photographs, the watermarks will be distorted or smudged.
4. Use a Tik Tok Watermark Remover App
There are a plethora of apps that promise to be able to get rid of the TikTok watermark from your videos, but very few actually succeed in doing so.
Searching the app store for “remove TikTok watermark” returns numerous results, including SaveTik, TikSaver, TokRepost, TokVideo, TikDown, and TokSave. It’s hard to tell them apart or even decide between them because of how identical they all look.
It’s important to know a few things before installing any of these programs, though.
These apps have no connection to TikTok and may stop functioning if the company modifies its API.
It’s important to read the feedback. Apps tend to have a rating of 4 or above, however, user evaluations often give a different impression.
It’s true that most of these applications are free to download, but once you start using them, you’ll be inundated with adverts or asked to pay a fee.
However, not every one of these programs can successfully erase the watermark. Some of them don’t actually download the videos to your phone, but instead, just compile a library of TikToks that don’t have watermarks.
In light of this, we tested out two of the most highly regarded apps available: SaveTik and TikSaver.
Essentially, SaveTik and TikSaver accomplish the same goals. Both may be downloaded for nothing, but after a three-day trial, you’ll have to pay either $10 per month or $4 per week to keep access.
To remove the TikTok watermark, follow these steps:
- Use the TikTok app to locate the video you wish to download watermark-free.
- Use the “Share” button.
- Make use of the “Copy Link” option.
- Release the App
- In the corresponding box, paste the TikTok link you copied.
- Download the clip without the watermark.
5. Using a Video Editing Tool
Warning: using a video editing program is the most time-consuming and costly option.
You can get rid of the watermark with any video editing software if you know what you’re doing. To add or remove watermarks from videos, you can use a tool like Wondershare UniConverter’s watermark editor.
Not surprisingly, this software doesn’t come cheap. Monthly subscriptions start at $20.
If you only need a watermark removal and aren’t interested in any of the other aspects of video editing, this might not be the ideal choice for you.
6. Save Your Video without A Watermark in The First Place (online)
A better alternative to dealing with the watermark is… The video was saved without a TikTok watermark.
SaveTik, MusicalDown.com, MusicalDown.xyz, SnapTik, TikFast, and TikMate are just a few of the services that allow you to save TikTok movies without the watermark.
SnapTik is one such service that has a mobile app, but you can also use it on your computer or laptop.
All of these resources share the same functionality:
- To download a video, use the TikTok app on your mobile device or computer and find the clip you want to keep.
- Press the “Share” button
- Make use of the “Copy Link” option.
- Follow the link to the online resource of your selection and paste it into the box.
- Go ahead and hit the “Download” button.
- Without the watermark, an MP4 version of your chosen video will be transferred to your device.
7. Use Hopper HQ
To remove the watermark from your TikTok videos and upload them to Instagram and other social media networks quickly, Hopper HQ is one of the best solutions.
This means that you won’t need to bother about downloading the video, copying and pasting links into tools, or editing the video in order to remove the TikTok watermark. This is taken care of mechanically by Hopper HQ.
Connecting your TikTok and Hopper HQ accounts allows you to easily share videos from either service to the other. Whether you’re sharing a video on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Pinterest, Hopper HQ will remove the watermark and repost it for you instantly. Sign in with your TikTok account on Hopper’s servers.
How to remove the watermark while reposting from TikTok to Instagram using Hopper HQ is outlined below.
- In order to use Hopper HQ, you must link your TikTok and Instagram accounts.
- Access the TikTok grid editor.
- The video you wish to postpone can be done so by clicking on it.
- To change the time and date, select “Reschedule.”
- Use Instagram’s account drop-down menu to choose the account you want to repost to.
- Just hit the “Make Reel” button!
- Well, that’s all there is to it! A Reel version of your video, minus the TikTok watermark, will be automatically shared to your Instagram account.