You might want to update your Facebook profile with a different name occasionally. This might be the result of a change in marital status, a change in one’s given name, or simply a simple error.
Yet, it’s not exactly a simple process to change your name on the Facebook app or desktop version. Don’t worry if you’re unsure of how to approach the situation. A basic step-by-step manual has been built up for you. Read on to discover more.
About Changing Your Facebook Name
Yes, you can change your name, but there are restrictions and guidelines. Facebook’s community and name guidelines must be followed while changing your name. You are also limited to one name change every 60 days. The number of times you can change your name has a limit as well, however, it isn’t made public.
Fill out this form to ask Help for assistance if you’re having problems changing your name. Be aware that you could be required to present a photocopy of an ID with your name on it.
Change Your Name on the Facebook App
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet, sign in with your account, and then tap the Menu button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to change your name.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears after scrolling down and tapping “Settings & Privacy.”
- selecting settings
- Tap “Personal and Account Information” at the top of the following screen.
- Tap account and personal information.
- Choose “Name” from the following screen.
- name, press
- First, Middle, and Last Name text boxes should be tapped, followed by text entry. By using the option at the bottom of the screen, you may also create a nickname. Next select “Review Changes.”
- Lastly, choose how you want your name to appear, type your password, and then click “Save Changes.”
- Hit Save Changes.
- Now your name has changed.
- Press the down arrow
Change Your Name on Facebook for Desktop
- Launch your preferred browser, go to the official Facebook website, and log in if you want to alter your name on a desktop. After signing in, select the down arrow in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu. To access settings and privacy, click.
- select “Settings” then “Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings” from the submenu.
- Setup by clicking
- The page for your general account settings has now appeared. When the “Name” option is selected, click the blue “Edit” text.
- Press Edit.
- It will enlarge the Name section. Text fields next to “First,” “Middle,” and “Last” should be filled out with your information. If you want to add a nickname, select “Add other names” as well. Choose “Review Changes” if not. type a new name
- The preview window will now show up. After choosing how you want your name to appear, enter your password and click “Save Changes.”
- Name your choice, then save your modifications.
- Now your name has changed.