Is Warzone 2.0 cross-platform and does it enable crossplay? We describe cross-platform Warzone 2.0 play and cross-play setup.
Although Warzone 2.0 is still fairly new, it definitely continues many of the things that Warzone 1 started. So it may seem odd that some players are still unsure about whether Warzone 2.0 enables crossplay, but don’t worry, we are here to answer any questions you may have. What then is the solution?
I don’t understand why, after more than two years of Warzone 1, players are still asking whether Warzone 2.0 enables cross-platform play or is a free-to-play game. That should be obvious by this point, guys. However, we don’t want to come across as a bunch of prudes, so we’ve provided the answers.
- Warzone 2 Best Guns | Tier-Ranking Every Weapon In Warzone 2.0
Is Warzone 2.0 Cross-Platform?
As with Warzone 1, Warzone 2.0 is cross-platform.
- How To Play Warzone In Split Screen
How To Turn Off Cross-Platform in Warzone 2.0
Since its March 10, 2020, release, Warzone has always supported cross-platform play. More specifically, this implies that Warzone 2.0 can be played simultaneously on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5. Additionally, there is cross-progress, which means that if you transfer from a PC to a console or vice versa, your game progress will be kept.
- Here’s a link to buy Modern Warfare
How To Deactivate Cross-Platform on PlayStation
- Go to Settings
- Go to the Account & Network tab
- Set Crossplay to Disabled
How To Deactivate Cross-Platform on Xbox
You can always deactivate crossplay in the options if you don’t want to play across platforms.
- Go to General Settings on your Xbox
- Click “Online safety and family”
- Go into “Privacy and Online Safety”
- Select “Xbox Privacy”
- Go into “View Details and Customize”
- Click “Communication and Multiplayer”
- Select “Cross-network play”
- Toggle it on or off
How To Add A Player From Another Platform
Sadly, PC players are unable to enable or disable this option; it is only available on PlayStation and Xbox.
- Go to “Social” in the menu
- Select “Invite Friends”
- Select “Enter Activision Account to Invite”
- Enter your friend’s Activision ID (e.g. PlayerName #1234567) and send the invitation
It may make sense for console players to disable crossplay because cheaters are more prevalent on PC. However, it also means that you won’t be able to play with your friends on Xbox or PC anymore.
- Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2.0 Prime Gaming: Bundles, Info & More
Crossplay cannot be turned off in the in-game options for Xbox. Instead, you must do it in the console setting: